Thursday, November 4, 2010

Emergency Room Visit Part Deux

Harleigh rang in her 8 month milestone with another trip to the ER.  At 7:30pm on 10/26/10, I put Harleigh down for bed.  She had a great dinner (pureed sweet potatoes, lots of milk, and some puffs).  At a little before 8pm I heard her crying and went to check in.  As soon as I went in her room, I could smell vomit.  I turned the light on and saw she was shivering and had puke all over herself and the swing.  I quickly grabbed her and held her and she started to calm down.  Everyone had always said "when it's your baby, you won't care about throw up" and it's true, my little baby started to throw up again all over me and it didn't bother me at all.  I was only concerned about getting fluids in her and getting her to hold something down.  I called Zak, because of course of all nights he was valeting and told him to get home immediately, I called the nurse triage at the Pediatricians office, and called my sister. (Landon, my nephew, had a bad bug the week before and Harleigh had a playdate with him on Monday.)  Since I didn't receive an immediate call back from the nurse, Ginger said to wait and see if Har stops vomiting, and if not take her to the hospital. So I waited another 10 min and she got sick again.  Zak got home and we packed up and headed to the hospital.  As soon as we got there, Harleigh started to smile and jump around.  For a sick baby, she was awfully happy!!  We went back and they gave Har some anti-nausea medicine and wanted to test for Keytones. (Keytones are in urine when someone is dehydrated.)  They found a few in Har's, so we had to wait around and get some Pedialyte in her system.  At 2:30am we were discharged.  At home, Har went to bed in the bouncer in our room, but at 4am I woke up with a bad stomache ache and Montozumo's revenge part 2 hit me!  I don't know how Harleigh was so happy, I wanted to die for 24 hours.  Everyone is now bug free and we hope to keep it that way!

No comments: