Ham is my favorite meat to have at the holidays. For Thanksgiving this year, I made these sandwiches as an appetizer. They were a huge hit!
- 2 -12 packages of sweet hawaiian rolls (the small dinner roll looking ones)
- 1 1/2 lbs of ham
- 12 slicesswiss cheese
- 3/4 cupbutter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried onions (I used fresh)
- poppy seed
- You will need two 9 x 13 pans. Place the bottoms of 12 rolls in each pan. Place ham (about 2 shaved slices or so) on the rolls. Cut the cheese slices into 4 parts and place 2 small pieces on each sandwich. Put the dinner roll tops on. In a sauce pan, mix butter, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, and dried onions. Wait until all butter is melted and then pour the melted mixture over the ham sandwiches (I know it sounds weird but TRUST me). Sprinkle the buns with poppy seeds and cover with foil. Preheat oven to 350 and uncover sandwiches. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes and serve. They are great hot and even at room temperature Enjoy!