Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Embrace Your Place

As many know, we attend a very progressive, hip, trendy, and LOUD church called Elevation Church.  We've been going since October 2007, and have really seen our faith grow.  I've never really attended a church that challenges me like Elevation and makes me want to reach others and better myself so people can see Christ through me. Elevation does this.  Although I fall short day after day, I know that my faith continues to grow and I have changed.  Recently, Christine Caine came and spoke and I LOVED her message.  This is one I will listen to a few times titled "Embrace Your Place".  So often we are trying to move forward, make changes, and what we need to do is "embrace our place".  Where we are, may be where God wants us to be and we need to embrace it and be obedient in where He wants us to be.  Often people say that having great faith is by changing what you're currently doing (maybe moving across the country, switching jobs, etc) and so often it takes just as much if not more in showing faith by staying put.  Here is the link the the sermon, if you have 30 minutes I highly suggest listening, you won't be disappointed. http://www.elevationchurch.org/sermons/getback.

No comments: