Monday, July 26, 2010

Harleigh Starts School!

As most new moms would agree, there is one very important decision you have to make after the little one arrives- what to eat?!? haha...well, that, and should I put my child in daycare or stay home?

Zak and I talked about what we wanted to do before I even got pregnant. We always said that we would do daycare. In December, when I was around 7 mos pregnant we chose Providence Church Daycare. My close girlfriend, Katie, has her daughter there, and I've heard very prositive things from people who go, or know people that go. I also checked it out and loved it! So in December, we made it "official" and signed up "baby girl Kamm" as we didn't even know what her name was going to be. I figured if I made the decision then, it would keep me accountable to follow through with my decision to go back to work full-time.

Well, today was the BIG day! As you can imagine- we were running late. Most people drop kids off between 7:30am-8:00am. They have a schedule for the infant room and naptime starts at 9am and they really want kids in before then. As usual, we had to make an entrance and Harleigh strolled in around 9:30am. Of course, dressed to impressed and with accessories intact, and mommarazzi taking pic's! I thought I was going to cry, but the transition was pretty easy. Zak was with me and in my mind if we were "both" leaving her it was better than "me" leaving her.

We are continuing to transition slowly so we'll be picking her up at 2:30pm today. (We didn't leave until 10am.) So Day 1- 4.5hrs! :) Hopefully, we'll get to a point where we get our money's worth;)

Happy 1st day of school, Harleigh! Make lots of friends and be an "angel" to all your teachers. We love you! (PS.- Happy 5 months!)

No comments: