Tuesday, July 27, 2010

5 Reasons Why....

As a kid my dad would always make Ginger, Joel, and I stand up at the dinner table and give "5 Reasons Why...". This could range from "5 Reasons Why we Love our Mom" to "5 Reason Why we Should do our Homework". I thought I would give my "5 Reasons Why- I love my Husband".

1. Zak loves Jesus! I think this is the most important and most attractive quality Zak possesses. He holds our family accountable for our Spiritual Growth and Development. Each night we read the Bible and discuss what we've read and how we can apply it to our lives. We've made a rule that we can't turn on the TV in our room until we've read. It's so easy for "distractions" to get in the way of our spiritual growth and development, but Zak does a wonderful job in keeping us on track. He also makes sure Harleigh is there to hear the Word. Although she may not understand what we are saying, she's hearing it, in hopes that one day she will choose to have a relationship with Christ.


2. He is FUNNY! I can't tell you how many times a day Zak makes me laugh. He has the funniest one-liners. He is also great at impersonations (like "Ali G", Will Ferrell, and my dad). I look forward to each day with him because he always knows how to put a smile on my face.


3. #1 Dad in the World. (If my dad is reading this- it's a tie!) Zak is a phenomenal father. Not many people can say that their husband went to EVERY doctor's appointment. I recently counted how many appointments I had and it was over 20. Zak went to every one. He took ownership for Harleigh before she was born. Since I had a C-section Zak changed almost every diaper for the first week, along with caring for me, and making sure I was healing. You can see it in Harleigh's face how much she lights up when Zak enters the room. (I sometimes am jealous!) Zak understand that there is impacts on kids, especially girls, if a father isn't involved in their life and he is sure he plays a huge roll in her life. He doing a great job and I know both H and I love him for it!


4. Rolling with the Punches. Zak is one of the most patient and laid back guys I know. He had his blood pressure taken and the nurse ask if he was a slow driver- and I quickly replied "YES he is"! Appartently, Zak has his blood pressure to blame for his "slow-lane" driving. With his laid back nature, Zak helps keep me stay levelheaded and put things in perspective with his calm nature. It is a gift- one I was not born with!!


5. Supportive Sam. Zak and I started to do use alliterations (not sure if I'm using this correctly?) when we are describing a personal characteristic (i.e., Negative Nancy, Supportive Sam, we also have one for a neighbor of ours that wears an inappropriate top while walking through the neighborhood, but in case this blog gets SUPER popular and I go on Oprah, I don't want her to be embarrassed.). Zak does such a great job of being supportive. He knows what I need to hear when I've had a bad day. He also takes the initiative to do the laundry, wash the dishes, get H's bottle ready, etc. without me asking. It's wonderful to have a "partner" in marriage/ parenthood/life.


6. I know I said five, but I thought I would throw one more in here.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Zak is a huge PITTSBURGH STEELERS FAN!  During the 2010 Draft, Zak made a promise that if the Panther's picked up jimmy Clausen he would NO LONGER be a Panther's fan, but a Steelers fan!  I'm looking forward to this year's football season- bring on the Black and Gold!

Thank you, Zak, for all you do. I love you!

No comments: