Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy 30th Birthday, Ginger!

Today is my sister's 30th birthday.  I thought I would take time to highlight a few things that I love about Ginger, in Micheals cousin fashion (hehe):

Gabby.  Ginger has been known to talk so fast no one can decipher the words coming out.  She can literally say an entire sentence in one word.

Innovative, since there isn't a C for Creative this will work too.  I've made the mistake of agreeing to have 2 parties with Ginger this year.  The babies 1st Birthday and my parents Surprise 50th.  In each of these situations, Ginger signed us up to create/make items that would "add" to the birthday.  A photo booth with endless props, cupcakes made to look like popcorn, a string of cupcake papers with coordinating colors as the party, etc, etc, etc.  Ginger likes to spend the extra time to create memorable items that people will love.  And she does!

Network (Food Network, that is).  I had to include this somehow.  Ginger is one of the few people I know that will watch hours of cooking shows, and usually not make anything she sees!  She is a great cook, and I call her anytime I have a cooking or baking question as she is my "Cookbook on Call".

Gorgeous.  This goes back to when we went camping as kids, we would have a chant we would do with whoever was in the boat.  Grumpy Grandpa, Rambunctious Rachel, Knuckle nose Naomi, etc...Ginger would always say she was Gorgeous Ginger.

Entertaining.  Ginger loves to entertain.  When she has a party you can guarantee there will be delicious food, a creative theme, and no detail will be missed (see I, Innovative).

Reliable.  Ginger is very reliable.  I know I can count on her to follow through, help with Harleigh, keep secrets. 

Happy 30th Birthday, Ginger.  We're so blessed to have you in our lives!

1 comment:

THE Thirty Year Old said...

this is the best blog post you've ever written!!! LOVE it
L - its Lengthy!
O - it's Original.
V - it's Varied - yes I have many great traits!
E - it's Evoking a smile on my face!

I - it's Insightful - now you all know a little more about me
T - it's all True!!