Saturday, February 4, 2012

Jesus Loves You, Yes he Does!

I love watching Zak and Harleigh interact.  There's nothing that pulls at a wife's/mother's heartstrings then seeing her husband playing on his hands and knees with his kid.  Zak is a very hands-on dad and I probably don't give him enough credit for the blessing he is in both my life and in Harleigh's.  Recently, as we started to put Harleigh to bed Zak sings her a song he made up.  Harleigh loves it, recites it, and sings it throughout the day.  Here it is, I know very simple, but keep in mind his audience is a 1 yr old:

"Daddy loves you, Yes he does....
Mommy loves you, Yes she does...
Baby Brother loves you, Yes he does..."
and so on with other family members (Mimi, Bibi, Gigi, Papa, Landon, Baby Brooks, Aunts, Uncles, etc)
and then he always finishes with -
"Jesus loves you, Yes he does" (Which is Harleigh's cue that it's time for night night.) 

It's little things like this that put a smile on my face and make me one happy and proud wife.  I love you Zak!