Thursday, October 7, 2010

3 Years of Wedded Bliss!

Today marks our 3 year wedding anniversary!  I'm so blessed to have a wonderful, caring, loving, spiritual, forgiving, funny hubby in my life.  Zak is such a wonderful dad and partner, I can't imagine life without him.  I thought for this post I would share the story of how our relationship unfolded.

Our first date.  I think everyone knows this story, because it is MY FAVORITE to share.  Zak and I met in high school, and he asked me out.  At the time I thought I was too cool to be in a relationship so I declined.  In college, Zak and I saw each other again, however, I had a boyfriend at the time so it didn't work out.  Finally, in 2005 Zak and I met again at Jackalope Jack's in Charlotte.  It was my birthday so I was out with girlfriends and Zak was there with his buddies.  I knew one of Z's friends from college so I chatted with him while keeping my eye on Z the whole time.  After hanging out a few more times, Zak finally had the courage to ask me out (after being denied twice before- you can imagine he wasn't jumping at the chance).  Zak was a complete gentlemen opening my door when we went to the movie theatre and on the way home. While in the car, I was asking Zak questions to get to know him better and see if this was something worth pursuing.  I asked what he wants to do, where he sees himself in 5 years...and his response was "I don't know.  I'm probably going to get my head shots done, and pursue acting/modeling."  I think he thought I was into that.  I thought for sure that I was only going to date this aspiring "actor/model" for a few months in the summer and that would be it.  Guess I was wrong, I'm still totally diggin' the actor/model 5 years after our first date!! ;)

Last year, April 2009, Zak surprised me by sending "Our Story" to the Charlotte Observer (the local newspaper).  I had no idea he did this until someone from Charlotte Observer called to confirm.  It was interesting how Zak left the story above out of the article....

I love you, Zak, and look forward to celebrating many, many, many more anniversary's!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like "kaZ" this story will never get old=)