Friday, May 20, 2011

The Best Birthday Ever!!!

I need to give a shoutout to my amazing, thoughtful, and generous hubby.  I had the best birthday this past weekend.  Zak took the time to plan it all, and I , along with Harleigh, had a wonderful time.  On Friday night, Zak was persistent on me opening my brithday gift he and Harleigh worked so hard on. I love gifts, so didn't put up much (if any) fight.  I got a new camera, a really nice Nikon camera!  One that I've been wanting for a few years, and the purpose of opening it early was so that when we went to the zoo the next day I would be able to use it.  The next morning, we went to the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC.  It was a beautiful day, slightly overcast so it wasn't too hot for our little princess who rode in her carriage for a majority of the day.  We were able to see everything- bears, birds, kangaroos, giraffes, elephants, zebras, gardens, fish, snakes, monkeys, etc...although the only animal we didn't see and will get all the credit, was a "dog".  Harleigh called every animal she saw a "dog".  After 30 attempts we stopped correcting her and just went with it!  We were able to take our time looking at each animal and I got the best present of all- a nap from my little girl!

Thank you, Zak for a wonderful birthday!  I appreciated it so much!

I also want to give a shout out to my parents who came over on my actually birthday with delicious SAS cupcakes, my sister and brother-in-law for watching Harleigh- so Zak and I could have a date night, to all my friends and family who left thoughtful texts, vmails, and emails.  And also, my brother, who LOVES to purposely leave me in suspense on my birthday and not give me a gift for atleast 4-6 months following my birthday! :)  Thank you to all!!!

No comments: