Friday, June 10, 2011

6 Years!

On June 2nd it marked mine and Zak's first date.  I would have never thought that 6 years from that date we would be married with a beautiful girl.  I thought I would share the story of our first date for those that haven't heard it-

It was a Friday night and Zak came to pick me up from my house.  We were going to the movies and so he came in met my parents (I tried to keep that as short as possible, you know my dad) and check out the newspaper for movies, we selected "Crash", and headed out.  He was a gentleman, and opened my door (which he still does today) and we went to Regal Cinemas at Stonecrest.  After the movie, which in my opinion was awful.  Zak and I headed to Yellow Rose for a beer.  Along the way, Zak was trying to 'win me over', when I asked "where do you see yourself in 5 years?"  His response was "well, my mom knows this really good photographer so I'll probably get head shots done soon and pursue acting/modeling."  After that, I was about ready to go home, because this clearly was not going to work out.  Glad I went out and grabbed the beer, because I got to talk with him more and see his true personality and what a great guy he was.  It was one of the best decisions I made.

Thank you Zak for the many years of companionship and for putting your dreams of becoming an actor/model aside to pursue ME!  I love you more today than the day we met!

2 comments:

Sister said...

Plus you still have Zak's senior pic with 'the pose' to look at whenever you want to enjoy/remember all his modeling skillz!!

Glad it worked out bc we all love Kaz:)

Love all the posts this week :)

Dad said...

Heidi:

Congrats on 6 years with "Blue Steele" God made him perfect for you. I hadn't read yours or Ginger's blogs in about two months so it was nice to catch up today. Your writing is great! Keep it up.

I love you.

Dad