Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Trip to the ER

Last night, Zak and I had to take Harleigh to the ER.  She had been "out of it" all evening and we figured it was because she was tired from playing at school all day.  She didn't eat well that evening.  At 12am she woke up and was starving, at 1am she woke up again fussy and as I changed her I notice how hot, lethargic, and clammy she was.  I took her temperature, it was 100.3, I took it again and it was 102.7.  We decided it's better to be safe then sorry and took her to the Emergency Room at CMC Pineville.  As soon as we got there, she started to act happy and energetic, like herself.  She still had a mild fever so they checked her out and found an ear infection.  They said it was probably caused by her running nose and gave us a prescription.

We are so thankful that's all it was.  We can't wait for the little one to be up and running again, it's so hard to see your little child so upset and to feel so helpless.

No comments: