Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sisterhood to Motherhood

One very exciting aspect of my pregnancy was that my sister, Ginger, was pregnant at the same time.  It was interesting to see some of the differences we had in our pregnancies.  I had 2-3 days of morning sickness, and never got "sick".  Ginger, was sick for a few weeks.  Our baby bumps were different too, mine was wider, hers was more of a "basketball" shape. I never slept so good in my life, and Ginger's husband, Dean, said Ginger would "wake up if an ant farted on Independence Rd"- a hwy about 10 miles from our homes). I had a C-section, hypertension, and had Harleigh 3 weeks early.  Ginger was 11 days late, and had baby boy Landon. 

Ginger and I were always close growing up, after having our babies, we've become closer than ever!  We go for weekly walks (as we live in connecting neighborhoods), talk on the phone as we were preparing bottles, grab dinner with the babies and hubbies, and go on almost daily runs to get Fro-Yo (frozen Yogurt).

It's really been a blessing to have a great friend to go through pregnancy and parenthood together.  I look forward to all the exciting and funny stories that will happen down the road.  Thanks, Ging, for being a GREAT sister and friend!  Love you!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is definitely my favorite post so far... enough of the "5 reasons I love kaz"... we need more of the "my sister rocks" posts!! hahaha :)