Friday, August 6, 2010

Looking Back...

I was thinking about some of the funny stories Zak and I have had since becoming parents, and one of my favorites was when we took Harleigh to one of her first doctors appointments.  It was her 2 week old appointment, and at every appointment the nurses always weigh her to be sure she's gaining weight (probably one of the only times in her life when she'll be excited on a scale)! 

When they weigh her, in order to get an accurate weight, we have to take her diaper off.  As we took it off, there was a tiny little skid mark.  (Harleigh I'll apologize in advance for writing this and for showing it to all your boyfriends before they take you out on a date!)  Everyone that knows Zak, knows he's very thrifty and hates to spend money (in other words, EXTREMELY CHEAP).  When the nurse asked after weighing Harleigh if we wanted a new diaper, Zak looks down at the one he's holding with the little "gift" on it, wandering if we should try to salvage the diaper.  I could tell he was thinking "well, she's not upset, it's really not that much, if we throw it out that would waste $0.28".  The nurse looks at me, as she can tell Zak is having a tough time making this critical decision.  I grab the diaper out of Zak's hands, and throw and out and let her know that we are "good parents" and would like a clean diaper (one that is free anyways because they have them at the pediatrician's office).  I'm sure the nurses were talking about us when we left. 

Zak you make me laugh, and I love you for it! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i looove this story... i still laugh about it :)

i wonder when potty training starts, if H does a 'little' accident in her pull-ups... zak may just wipe it out and put it back on her :)

so happy to see the kamms blogging!!