Monday, January 30, 2012

5 weeks and counting...

So I'm getting to the point in pregnancy where I'm really uncomfortable.  I'm 35 weeks and have 5 weeks left until we meet the newest Kamm addition.  This weekend we've started to get the bassinet ready, the bottles washed, and the hospital bag somewhat packed.  In my mind, if I pack this stuff it means I'm ready and the little guy can come at anytime.  Preferably not on Feb 26th or Feb 29th.  I would love for Harleigh and her brother to have their own birthday's and since it's a leap year I would prefer it not fall on the 29th (although Zak says if he's born on the 29th we won't have to buy as many birthday gifts). If he came around his due date that would be ideal as I'm not able to be induced with a VBAC and they don't want me to go more than a few days past my due date.

This time around I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes.  Which means that because of the hormones the placenta is producing during pregnancy, I'm not able to produce enough insulin to break down sugar.  I'm on a diet that has me eat 5 small meals vs 3 larger ones and I have to monitor my blood sugar with 4 daily finger pricks (which is annoying).  Everything is checking out fine now and I've got it under control.  As soon as baby is born I should be back to normal.  Well, minus the sleepless nights and breastfeeding and everything else that comes with a newborn.

No comments: