Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Once Upon....

Right now we're dealing with some of the craziness of the terrible two's- talking back, "no's", Harleigh wanting more independence and to make her own decisions.  Although some of it makes me want to pull my hair out, it's a great time for me to start posting some of her stories. 

As I've mentioned in other posts Harleigh loves to sing.  The other day she made up a new song, it went:
"Mommy pumping, mommy pumping, mommy pumping"...."yucky, yucky, yucky"
(I guess we know how she feels about breastfeeding)

At church I like to give Harleigh a paci so she sucks on that rather than toys that have been passed around to 20 other kids that have all licked it or coughed on it. When we went to pick her up, the nursery staff could not find her paci, so we had to drive home without it.  The whole ride home Harleigh asked cried begged for paci.  Later that evening, I was asking her how church was, and what she learned.  Her response "No paci".  All she got from church that night is that if she brings paci in, she's not getting it back.  Maybe this will be how we get "rid" of paci, bring a box of them to church and let Harleigh kiss them goodbye!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I love these stories... now we'll finally be to the age where we have "Aunt Becky-esque" stories to share! :)

Harleigh, your song rocks - i completely agree!