Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Trip to Chicago

Zak and I were able to have a mini vacation to Chicago in October.  I was there for a company conference and Zak tagged along.  We had unbelieveable accomodations at the Ritz Carlton off of Michigan Ave. so we couldn't pass up the opportunity.  We were able to check out Second City (an improv group that started Sat night live), Gino's East Pizzeria (for authentic Chicago style pizza), Architecture boat tour, Navy Pier, The "Bean", Millenium park, and a few others.  Below are some pictures of the trip:

Zak enjoying a glass of wine in our suite at the Ritz! I'm 19 weeks pregnant so Zak had to enjoy the adult beverages for the two of us.  He didn't complain :)

View from our room on the 27th floor (across from the Hancock building and next to Michigan Ave "Miracle Mile")

Mmmm....breakfast at a Chicago favorite "Tempo" this omelette had potatos at the bottom- delicious!

We were there for the Chicago Marathon, which we checked out

My model/actor husband always camera ready!

On the architecture boat tour- I would highly recommend checking this out if you're in Chicago.

downtown

pictures from the boat tour

boat tour

after the boat tour, we stopped by the Navy Pier to see what was going on there.  Next time I want to go to Harry Carey's bar for a drink and fries.  Looked like a fun sports bar.

This is the death trap Zak convinced me to go on.  It was the largest farris wheel I've been on (and probably the last).

As my eyes were closed for 99% of the trip Zak took all these pictures.  It looked really cool, I probably should have opened my eyes at this point.

Another picture from the Farris Wheel of death

Also at the Navy Pier was the botanical gardens that had some really neat fountains


Cathedral outside our hotel

We went to The Purple Pig for tapas- also delicious!

In front of lake Michigan, there was a really beautiful park there too.  Next time, I want to rent bikes and ride around to check out this area.  You can't tell with this picture, but there were quite a few boaters out there too.

Chicago at night

The Bean


Millenium Park

1 comment:

ginger said...

observations:
-the first pic of you guys on the architecture boat tour is really good!
-the pictures of your food and meals cracks me up - typical bradbury
-wow - i cant believe you went on the death trap - did zak have to push you in and lock you into the seat so you would ride? (a la Drop Zone 1999)